SSC CGL 2019 Notification, Dates, Eligibility and Syllabus
Latest: SSC CGL 2018 Exam Dates have been released online.
The exam is held in four tiers or stages namely Tier-1, Tier-2, Tier-3, and Tier-4. As per eligibility standards, Bachelor’s degree holders in any stream or discipline can apply for the exam.
An application fee for General category candidates is INR 100 while reserved category and female candidates are exempted from any fee.
- Interested candidates can apply online at ssc.nic.in.
- Each stage act as a qualifying stage.
A brief about Tier 1,2 3 and 4:
Tier-1 will take place in June 2019 in multiple slots via computer mode, with objective type questions. Tier-2 will comprise two papers of 200 marks each for Quantitative aptitude and English. Tier-3 is a descriptive type exam to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. Tier-4 is conducted exclusively for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
Highlights of Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level 2019
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2019 (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level Exam|
|Exam Date||July 25 to August 20, 2019 (Tier 1)|
|Eligibility||Indian National with a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Duration||Tier 1 – 60 minutes|
Tier 2 – 120 minutes
Tier 3 – 60 minutes
Tier 4 – 45 minutes
SSC CGL 2019 Important Dates
Candidates who wish to appear for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level 2019 should make sure that they are aware of important dates related to exam.
|Online application starts||March 2019|
|Last date of submission of application||April 2019|
|Admit Card||May 2019|
|Tier-I Examination||June 2019|
|Tier-I Exam Result||August 2019|
|Admit Card for Tier-II Exam||August 2019|
|Tier-II Examination||September 2019|
|Tier-II Result||October 2019|
|CGL Tier-III-Skill Test/Document Verification||December 2019|
Note: The official schedule for SSC CGL 2019 will be updated shortly! Stay Tuned!
SSC CGL 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility standards for the recruitment examination is given below:
1. Educational Qualifications
Candidates should have a graduate degree on or before 01.08.2019. Candidates, those are in the final year of graduation can also apply for SSC CGL with their provisional degrees.
A) Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer
- Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute
- Desirable Qualifications: Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters I Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or a Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics
B) Junior Statistical Officer
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the core subjects at degree level
2. Age Limit
SSC has increased the Age limit for SSC CGL Recruitment, though the age varies from post to post. The minimum age limit defined for SSC CGL is 27 years and the maximum age limit criteria are 32 years.
Post Wise Age Limit
|CSS||20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Intelligence Bureau||Not exceeding 30 Years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue||Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer|
|M/o of Statistics & Prog. Implementation||Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer|
|NIA||Up to 30 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBI||20-30 years||Sub Inspector|
|Narcotics||18-25 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBEC||20-27 years||Tax Assistant|
|Other departments||18-27 years||All other posts|
Check Your Age Eligibility
|Age Limit||Date of Birth|
|18-27 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1991 and not later than 01.August.2000|
|20-27 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1991 and not later than 01.August.1998|
|20-30 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1988 and not later than 01.August.1998|
|30 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1988 and not later than 01.August.2000|
|32 years||Born not earlier than 02.August.1986 and not later than 01.August.2000|
Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level 2019 Registration
SSC CGL 2019 Application form will be made available in March 2019 and would continue till April 2019. Candidates can fill the form in online mode only by visiting the official portal (different for different regions) of SSC.
- Candidates need to register by entering his/her e-mail ID, phone number and password.
- A registration number will be issued.
- Use this registration number and password to log in.
- Fill the detailed application form and upload scanned photograph and signature as per the dimensions mentioned in the JPEG format.
- After successfully filling and uploading, you are required to pay application fees.
- SSC CGL application fee 2019 for unreserved male candidates is INR 100 while female and reserved category candidates are exempted from any fee.
How to Fill Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Application Form 2019?
Following steps are required to fill SSC CGL 2019 Application form.
Step 1: Go to the official website of SSC i.e. www.ssc.nic.in
Step 2: Login using your credentials like email ID, mobile number and password.
Step 3: Fill your personal and educational details in SSC CGL application form.
Step 4: Preview the form to crosscheck the information. (No modifications in the form can be made post final submission.)
Step 5: After filling the application form, remit the application fee using net banking, debit card or e-challan of SBI Bank.
Successful submission of application message would be generated. Save the same for future correspondence.
Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Form Correction
SSC provides a Form Correction facility which allows candidates to edit or modify incorrect information. Candidates are also intimated about the form correction window in case of any discrepancy in the information.
Candidates are allowed to make changes in the following particulars filled in their SSC CGL 2019 form
- Examination City
- Father’s name
- Candidate name
- Address of the candidate
SSC CGL Application Fees
SSC CGL application fee 2019 for the respective category of candidates is tabled below.
|Female all Category||NIL|
Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Form Status
Candidates can check their Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level online application form status by visiting the official website. This would help candidates to know whether their application is received by the respective examination authority or not.
The status displayed on the website could be one among the following
- Under Scrutiny
- Defect Status
Steps to Register for SSC CGL
SSC CGL 2019 Admit Card
The admission ticket or hall ticket will be available a week before the scheduled date of exam for the respective candidate. Visit the official website in order to download the document. No physical copy of admit card through post would be dispatched.
Candidate will need Registration Number/Roll Number and the Password/D.O.B while logging in.
- The admit card of SSC CGL 2019 Tier 1 exam will release in the first week of July 2019.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card only from the official website of SSC.
SSC will release SSC CGL Admit Card separately for different levels of Examination, i.e. Admit Card for Tier-I will be released first followed by Admit Card for Tier-II and so on. Admit Card for Tier-II will be issued to candidates who have qualified Tier-I Exam. Similarly, Admit Card for Tier-III will be issued to candidates who have cleared the Tier-II Exam and so on.
How to download Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level 2019 Admit Card?
- Visit the official website of SSC CGL- www.ssc.nic.in
- Click on the link ‘SSC CGL Admit Card’
- Enter registration number and password to log in
- Admit card would get displayed on the screen
- Download it and take two to three printouts
Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates would be selected through a 4-tier selection process of SSC in which the fourth tier would be of qualifying nature only. Tier 1 comprises 100 MCQs based on general aptitude to be done within one hour.
Tier-2 is a descriptive test comprising two papers of Mathematics and English with each being of 200 marks and of 2 hours duration.
Tier three would be a subjective exam of 1-hour duration. Tier four would be typing test/computer proficiency test.
|Mode of Examination||Online (Except tier-3)|
|Number of questions||100 (in Tier 1 and Mathematics Tier-2), 200 (English Tier 2)|
|Maximum Marks||200 in Tier 1, 400 in Tier 2, 100 in Tier 3|
|Duration||1 Hour (Tier 1), 2 Hours (Tier 2), 1 Hour (Tier 3)|
|Sections||4 (In Tier 1)|
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 would only comprise objective type questions.
- Tier 3 paper would be subjective in nature.
- Tier 4 would be a skill test of qualifying nature.
Marking Scheme for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level 2019
- Tier one and Tier two exams comprise MCQs carrying equal marks.
- Two marks would be awarded for each right answer in both Tier 1 and Tier 2 (Except English Paper of Tier 2 where there is one mark for each question).
- 0.25 Marks would be deducted for a wrong answer.
- Maximum marks in Tier 3 exam is 100.
- No maximum marks are allotted for Tier 4/Skill test.
SSC CGL 2019 Syllabus
Tier-wise syllabus for the examination is given below.
SSC CGL Tier I Syllabus
The major sections asked in SSC CGL 2019 Preliminary Exam are General Awareness, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language.
SSC CGL Tier II Syllabus
Mains Exam will be conducted online and is an objective multiple choice exam. The major sections asked in Mains Exam are Quantitative Aptitude, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics, General Studies (Finance and Economics).
SSC CGL Tier III Syllabus
- Tier-III of SSC CGL exam is a descriptive exam to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi.
- The mode of examination is offline and students are required to write essays, précis, application, letter etc. in this exam.
- The exam carries 100 marks and the time allotted for the same is 60 minutes.
- The time allotted for candidates belonging to PWD category is increased to 80 minutes.
- Tier-III paper is given by specific candidates who are interested only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Grade II” & “Compiler”.
SSC CGL Tier IV Syllabus
Tier-IV examination comprises of a couple of skill sets required for certain Government Posts all over the country.
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): For the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax), DEST Exam through Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level exam is conducted to check the typing speed of the candidate. The candidates are given an article in English which they have to type on Computer. A candidate is required to type 2000 words in 15 minutes.
- CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): Word Processing, Spread Sheets and Generation of slides are the three modules that are important for this exam and the commission demands a candidate to be proficient in it for the post of CSS, MEA, Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner).
SSC CGL 2019 Result
SSC CGL 2019 Result will be declared in May-June, 2020 on the official website. Candidates would be required to log in the online portal in order to check their results.
The results would be compiled in a post-wise and marks-wise manner with the candidate scoring highest marks overall being credited with All India Rank (AIR) 1. Job allotments would be done on the basis of AIR of the candidate.
How to check Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Result 2019?
Candidates qualifying all the Tiers of Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level exam as well as those who have not qualified the exam would be able to check their respective score published on official website.
SSC publishes scores of the candidates after each tier of the exam and also at the time of completion of the entire selection process.
Following steps can be followed in order to check your SSC CGL 2019 score.
- Go to www.ssc.nic.in
- Click on CGL 2019 Score Pdf
- Download the Pdf
- Open the Pdf and search for your name and roll number.
Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Selection Process
SSC CGL exam is divided into 4 stages i.e. Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and finally Tier 4.
- Candidates who qualify in Tier 1, will be eligible to appear in Tier 2.
- Candidates who qualify in Tier 2, will be eligible to appear in both Tier 3 and Tier 4.
- Final Merit of SSC CGL will be based on cumulative marks of Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3.
- Tier 4 is of qualifying nature and mandatory for CSS / MEA / Tax Assistant Posts.
Successful candidates would be placed in various Central government ministries, departments and offices across the country based on their performance in the exam and the preference filled by them at the time of making application for the exam.
Joining letters would be issued within a month or two of the completion of the entire process of examination including the document verification stage. Candidates would be informed in regards to the issuance of the joining letter well in advance.
Mentors Academy SCO 114 115 3rd floor above Catholic Bank Sector 34 A Chandigarh.
Phone 9915205090, 9780333722, 9464543390