CA Foundation 2019:
CA Foundation examination is an entry-level exam for candidates interested in pursuing their career in Chartered Accountancy. CA Foundation Examination is conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) twice every year. It is a national level examination which consists of 4 papers. CA Foundation examination was previously called as CA – CPT examination.
Candidates need to clear three major stages to become a Chartered Accountant (CA). The 3 stages are Foundation, Intermediate, and Final stage. Students who have either passed Class 12 or going to appear for Class 12 examination conducted by an examining body constituted by the law in India (or any examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent to) are eligible for this examination. ICAI will conduct the upcoming CA Foundation examination in May 2019. All eligible students need to register with Board of Studies (BOS) and apply for the Examination. This article is going to provide you with complete information regarding CA Foundation exam 2019.
CA Foundation 2019: Highlights
CA Foundation examination is going to be conducted in May 2019. ICAI will release the official notification and all the eligible aspirants will be able to apply for the exam from February 2019.
Before getting into the whole information of CA Foundation 2019, let’s have an overview of the examination:
|Name Of The Exam||CA Foundation 2019|
|Conducting Body||Institute Of Chartered Accountant Of India|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a Year ( May and December)|
|Number Of Papers||4|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed Class 12 or Appearing for Class 12 in Current Year|
|Exemptions||Graduates and Post Graduates or aspirants with Equivalent Qualification|
CA Foundation 2019: Important Dates
|Commencing of Application Process||1st Week of February 2019|
|Last Date for Applying without Late Fee||last Week of February 2019|
|Last Date for Applying with Late Fee||1st Week of March 2019|
|Releasing Date of Admit card||2nd Week of April 2019|
|CA Foundation Examination||May 2019|
|CA Foundation Result||July, 3rd week 2019|
CA Foundation 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Before applying for the CA Foundation 2019 examination, students must go through the CA Foundation eligibility criteria and check whether they are eligible to appear for the examination:
- Student must have passed or appeared in this year for Class 12 or any equivalent exam carried out by a recognized board.
- Students registered for the CA Foundation must have undergone a minimum of 4 months of the study period before appearing for the foundation examination.
How to Apply For CA Foundation 2019
CA Foundation registration is going to be commenced from 1st week of February 2019. ICAI will release notification for the upcoming exam soon and we will update you regarding the further updates from ICAI.
Students can apply for the examination in the online mode from the official website. Aspirants have to successfully apply and make the payment before the last date to ensure further processing of the application form.
Once you have registered with ICAI it going to be valid for the period of three years. Aspirants can attempt for CA Foundation examination for a maximum of six times as the exam is conducted twice a year. If you need to extend the validity of your registration, you can do it by paying the applicable fee to ICAI.
CA Foundation 2019 Registration Fees:
|Details of Fee||For Indian Nationals (Rs)||For Foreign Students (USD)|
|Cost of Foundation Prospectus||200||20|
|Foundation Registration Fee||9000||700|
|Subscription for student’s Journal (For One Year ) (Optional)||200||20|
|Subscription for member’s Journal (For One Year ) (Optional)||400||40|
CA Foundation 2019 Exam Pattern:
CA Foundation examination consists of 4 papers. Paper 1 and Paper 2 comprises of subjective type questions. Paper 3 and Paper 4 comprises of objective type questions.
- Each paper is of 100 marks and the maximum time duration is 3 hours.
- Paper 3 and paper 4 have the negative marking scheme and 1/4th of the marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Students must score a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and a minimum of 50% marks in average of all the papers to qualify for the CA Foundation exam.
The papers of the examination are listed below:
- Paper 1: Principles And Practice Of Accounting (100 Marks)
- Paper 2: Business Laws And Business Correspondence
a) Business Laws (60 Marks)
b) Business Correspondence And Reporting (40 Marks)
- Paper 3: Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning And Statistics
a) Business Mathematics (40Marks)
b) Logica lReasoning(20Marks)
c) Statistics (40 Marks)
- Paper 4: Business Economics And Business & Commercial Knowledge
a) Business Economics (60Marks)
b) Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)
CA Foundation 2019 Syllabus:
CA Foundation examination is the gateway to a career in Chartered Accountancy.
CA Foundation Course Syllabus 2019
The papers in CA Foundation course are as mentioned below:
Paper 1: Principles and Practice Of Accounting
Paper 2: Business Laws and Business Correspondence
- a) Business Laws
- b) Business Correspondence and Reporting
Paper 3: Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Statistics
- a) Business Mathematics
- b) Logical Reasoning
- c) Statistics
Paper 4: Business Economics and Business & Commercial Knowledge
- a) Business Economics
- b) Business and Commercial Knowledge
CA Foundation Syllabus for Paper 1 (Principles and Practice Of Accounting)
- Theoretical Framework
- Accounting Process
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Concept of Accounting of Depreciation
- Accounting for Special Transaction
- Final Accounts of Sole Proprietors
- Partnership Accounts
- Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Organization
- Introduction to Company Accounts
- Basic Accounting ratios (Profitability, solvency, liquidity and turnover
CA Foundation Syllabus for Paper 2 (Business Laws And Business Correspondence & Reporting)
Section A: Business Laws (60 Marks)
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872
- The Sale of Goods Act, 1930
- The Indian partnership act, 1932
- The Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
- The Companies Act, 2013
Section B: Business Correspondence And Reporting (40 Marks)
Part I: Communication
Part II: Sentence Types and Word Power
- Sentence Type
- Vocabulary Root Words, Synonyms, Antonyms, Prefixes, Suffixes, Phrasal verbs, Collocations and Idioms.
Part III: Comprehensive Passages and Note-Making
- Comprehension Passages
- Note Making
Part IV: Developing Writing Skills
- Introduction to Basic Writing
- Precise Writing
- Article Writing
- Report Writing
- Writing Formal Letters
- Writing Formal Mails
- Resume Writing
CA Foundation Syllabus for Paper 3 (Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning And Statistics
Part A: Business Mathematics (40 Marks)
- Ratio and Proportions, Indices and Logarithms
- Equations and Matrices
- Linear Inequalities with Objective Functions and Optimization with respect to Objective Function
- Time Value of Money
- Permutations and Combinations
- Sequence and Series
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Basic Application of Differential and Integral Calculus.
Part B: Logical Reasoning (20 Marks)
- Number Series, Coding & Decoding and odd man out
- Direction Tests
- Seat Arrangement
- Blood Relations
Part C: Statistics (40 Marks)
- Statistical Description of Data
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion.
- Theoretical Distributions
- Correlation and Regressions
- Index Number and Time Series
CA Foundation Syllabus For Paper 4 (Business Economics and Business & Commercial Knowledge)
Part A: Business Economics (60 Marks)
- Introduction to Business Economics
- Theory of Demand and Supply
- Theory of Production and Cost
- Price Determination in Different Markets
- Business Cycles
Part B: Business & Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)
- Introduction to Business
- Business Environment
- Business Organizations
- Government Policies for Business Growth
- Organizations Facilitating Business
- Common Business Technologies
CA Foundation 2019 Admit Card:
CA Foundation Admit Card is expected to be released online on the official website by the 2nd week of April 2019. Admit card will be made available only after successful completion of the application and payment process before the last date of the application form.
Students need to download their Admit Card by logging in using their Registration Number and Password. The admit card consists of all the necessary details like student’s name, roll number, photo, signature, etc. If there is any discrepancy in your admit card, contact the official authorities immediately.
Aspirants who are going to appear for the upcoming examination need to compulsorily carry the hard copy of their hall ticket along with valid ID proofs. Students without hall ticket will not be allowed to attempt the CA Foundation examination 2019.
CA Foundation 2019 Result:
The result for CA Foundation 2019 will be notified on the official website (icaiexam.icai.org) after the examination is conducted. All the registered users will be notified through e-mail and SMS when the results are announced.
Students can download their CA Foundation Result from the official website by logging in using your Registration Number and Password. Students will also be able to download their scorecard.
Now you know all about CA Foundation examination 2019. As the exam is going to be held on May 2019, there is sufficient time in hand for the preparation for the exam. Go through the detailed CA Foundation Syllabus and CA Foundation Exam Pattern and plan your study in that way. Studying in a methodical way will help you cover the syllabus within the time.
Make the best use of the CA Foundation Study materials and books for preparation of the exam. Take an adequate number of mock tests to assess your performance from time to time. Taking mock tests will also guide in revising the basic concepts.